"Pride of the desert" or "Kalpvriksha of Thar" whose scientific name is "Prosecip-Cinerea". It was declared the state tree in 1983.
On June 5, 1988, on the occasion of World Environment Day, a postage stamp of 60 paise was issued on the Khejdi tree.
Khejdi trees can be seen mostly in Shekhawati region and Nagaur district has maximum. This tree is worshiped on Vijayashami/Dussehra. The temple/than of Gogaji and Jhunjhar Baba is built under the Khejdi tree. Khejdi is known by the name of Janti in Punjabi and Haryanvi and Peymeya in Tamil language, Banna-Banni in Kannada language, Dhokda in Sindhi language and people of Bishnoi community by the name of Shami. In the local language it is called Simlo.
The green pod of Khejdi is called Sangri, the dry pod is called Khokha, and the fodder made from the leaves is called Lung/Lum.
Two insects named Celestra (worm) and Glycotrama (fungus) harm the Khejdi tree.
Scientists have considered the total age of Khejdi tree to be 5000 years. 2 Khejdi trees of 1000 years old have been found in Rajasthan (in Mangliyawas village, Ajmer)
The Pandavas hid their weapons on the Khejdi tree during their exile. The first sacrifice in the state for Khejdi was given by Amritadevi in 1730. This sacrifice was given by Amrita Devi on Bhadrapada Shukla Dashami along with 363 people in Khejdali village of Jodhupar. At the time of this sacrifice, the ruler of Jodhpur was Abhayasingh. On the orders of Abhayasingh, 363 people were killed by Girdhardas. Amrita Devi was the wife of Ramoji Bishnoi. This sacrifice given by the Bishnoi sect is called Saka/Khadana. Every year 12 September is celebrated as Khejdali Day. The first Khejdali Day was celebrated on 12 September 1978. The best award given for wildlife conservation is Amrita Devi Wildlife Award. This award was started in 1994. Under this award, Rs.50,000 is given to the institution and Rs.25,000 to the individual. The first Amrita Devi Wildlife Award was given to Gangaram Bishnoi of Pali.
Operation Khejra started in 1991.
The father of classification was Carolus Linnaeus.
He divided all the creatures and plants into two parts. Scientific name of human being: "Homo-sapiens" Homo sapiens or intelligent human beings emerged 30-40 thousand years ago.
The Rohida flower was declared the state flower in 1983. It is also called "Marushobha" or "Teak of the desert". Its scientific name is "Tiko-Mela Unduleta".
Rohida can be seen mostly in the western region of Rajasthan. Rosewood flowers bloom in the month of March-April. The color of these flowers is deep saffron-diamond yellow.
In Jodhpur, Rohide is known as Marwar Teak.
Chinkara- Chinkara was declared as the state animal in 1981. It is a main animal of “Antilope” species. Its scientific name is Gajaila-Gajaila. Chinkare is also known by the nickname of small stag. Nahargarh Sanctuary Jaipur is famous for Chikaras. The state animal of Rajasthan 'Chinkara' is mostly found in the 'desert'.
There is also a Tatt Vadya Yantra in Rajasthan by the name of “Chikara”.
Camel - State animal of Rajasthan (declared in 2014)
Camel will be kept in protected category as domestic animal and chinkara will be kept in protected category as non-domestic animal.
It was declared as the state bird in 1981. It is also called Great Indian Bustard. It is a shy bird and it is also called Pal-Mordi and Saun-Chidiya. Its scientific name is "Kroriotis-nigriceps".
Godavan is also known as Sarang, Kukna, Tukdar, Bada Tilor. Godavan is known as Mal Gordi in Hadauti area (Sorsen).
Godavan bird can be seen most in 3 districts in Rajasthan.
Desert - Jaisalmer, Barmer
Sokanlia - Ajmer
Jodhpur zoo is famous for the breeding of Godavan.
The breeding season of Godavan is considered to be the month of October-November. It is basically a bird of Africa. The color of its upper part is blue and its height is 4 feet. Their favorite food is groundnut and tarami. Apart from Rajasthan, Godavan can also be seen most in Gujarat.
This song was first sung by Mangi Bai of Udaipur. This song was sung internationally by Alla Zilla Bai of Bikaner. Allah Zilla Bai is called Marukokila of the state. This song is sung in Mand Gayiki.
Ghumar (a dance performed only by women) is the Sirmaur (crown) of this state dances, the soul of Rajasthani dances.
Kathak is the main dance form of northern India. His main gharana is Lucknow in India and Jaipur in Rajasthan.
Bhanuji Maharaj is considered to be the father of Kathak.
Basketball was given the status of state sport in 1948.
Every district will now be known by the name of some wildlife (animal or bird). It will be the responsibility of every district to work towards saving and conserving its district level wildlife. That wildlife will be used as a logo on government papers as well, so that maximum publicity of that wildlife can be spread.
In 2015, the Rajasthan government declared one wildlife sanctuary for each district. Rajasthan is the first state, which has decided the mascot of the districts according to the wildlife. This in itself is a new experiment. Till now the names of the state animal or bird were decided at the state level. Governments used to work towards providing protection to him. The new experiment will directly help in conserving 33 species of the state.
District - Mascot
Ajmer - Khadmour
Alwar - Sambhar
Banswara - Jalppi
barra - magar
barmer - desert fox
Bharatpur - Saras
Bhilwara - Peacock
Bikaner - Bhattatitar
Bundi - Surkhab
Chittorgarh - Chausingha
Churu - Blackbuck
Dosha - rabbit
Dholpur - Panchira (Indian Screamer)
Dungarpur - Jangil Dhok
Hanumangarh - Small Fort
jhunjhunu - black pheasant
Jaipur - Chital
Jaisalmer - Godavan
jalore - bear
Jhalawar - Gagaronitota
Jodhpur - Kurjan
Karauli - Gharial
quota - beaver
Nagaur - Flamingo
poly - panther
rajsamand - wolf
Pratapgarh - Flying Squirrel
Sawaimadhorpur - Bagh
Shri Ganganagar - Chinkara
Sikar - Shaheen
Sirohi - Wild Fowl
tonk - swan
Udaipur - Badger
1. Which is the state tree of Rajasthan? - Khejdi
2. Which is the state bird of Rajasthan? - Godavan
3. Which is the state animal of Rajasthan? - Chinkara
4. Which is the state game of Rajasthan? - Basketball
5. Which is the Kalp tree of the desert? - Khejdi
6. Which is the most found animal in Rajasthan? - goats
7. Which is the district with the highest cattle density in Rajasthan? - Dungarpur
8. Which is the district with minimum cattle density in Rajasthan? - Jaisalmer
9. Where are maximum number of chickens found in Rajasthan? - Ajmer
10. Where are the minimum number of chickens found in Rajasthan? - Barmer
11. Who is known as Kamdhenu of Rajasthan? - Rathi Cow
12. What is called Merino of India? - Chokla Sheep
13. Which is the highest milk producing district in Rajasthan? -Jaipur
14. Which is the district with minimum milk production in Rajasthan? - Banswara
15. Which is the district with maximum onion production in Rajasthan? - Jodhpur
16. Which is the district with minimum onion production in Rajasthan? - Jhalawar
17. Where is their biggest recession located in Asia? - Bikaner
18. Where is the only Dairy Science Technical College of Rajasthan located? - Udaipur
19. Where is the only bird hospital of the state located? - Jaipur
20. Which is the crop sown in the maximum area of Rajasthan? - Millet
21. Which is the most barren and waste land district of Rajasthan? - Jaisalmer
22. By which medium is maximum irrigation done in Rajasthan? - from wells and tube wells
23. Which is the district with maximum irrigation from wells and tube wells? - Jaipur
24. Which is the district with maximum irrigation through canals? - Ganga Nagar
25. Which is the district with maximum irrigation from ponds? - BhilwaraThank You
Download App for Free PDF Download
GovtVacancy.Net Android App: Download