It shall be the duty of the Central Information Commission and the State Information Commission to receive and inquire into the following complaints from any person.
* who has been denied access to any information requested under this Act ;
* who is required to pay the amount of such fee which is unreasonable;
* who believes that he has been given incomplete, misleading, or false information under the Act; And
* In respect of any other matter relating to the making of a request for or obtaining access to records under this Act.
The Central Information Commission and the State Information Commission shall, while inquiring into any matter, have the same powers as are vested in a civil court while trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, 49090, namely-
Issuing summons and forcing them to produce documents and to give oral or written evidence on oath .
* Requires disclosure and inspection of documents.
* Seizure of evidence on affidavit.
Taking any public record or copies thereof from any court or office.
* Issue of summons for the examination of witnesses or documents and any other matter which may be prescribed.Thank You