Bihar GK (General Knowledge) in English for Govt Job Exams like BPSC, BSSC, CSBC, Bihar Police, BSPHCL, BPSSC, State Health Society Bihar, Patna High Court, and All Other Bihar State Govt Jobs.
Here topics related to Bihar General Knowledge (Bihar GK) have been given which is important from the point of view of competitive examination. Bihar is an administrative state of India. This area is situated in the fertile plains of River Ganga and its tributaries. The total geographical area of Bihar is about 93.60 lakh hectares, out of which only 55.54 lakh hectares are actually cultivated. By the way, about 76.71 (2008-09) lakh hectares of land are cultivable in the state.
Some important information about Bihar –
- Bihar was established in the year 1912.
- The ancient cities of Vaishali are considered to be the world's first republic, which is located in Bihar.
- The name Bihar state came into existence as a result of the partition of Bengal in 1912.
- Orissa was separated from it in 1935.
- Bihar's economy is the worst among all the states of India, according to the 2014 report, Bihar was at the back of the economy and also the poorest state in India.
- The historical name of Bihar is Magadha.
- The capital here is Patna and the largest city of Bihar is also Patna.
- The cattle fair of Sonpur in Bihar is famous all over the world since ancient times and is held on Kartik Purnima. The old king Maharaja used to buy elephants, and horses for war from this fair.
- The historical name of Patna, the capital of Bihar is Pataliputra.
- Aryabhatta, who invented "Zero (0)", one of the biggest inventions in history, was from Bihar.
- Many popular Bollywood actors are from Bihar, including actors like Priyanka Chopra, R Madhavan, Susan Singh Rajput, Imtiaz Ali, Neeraj Pandey, and Prakash Jahan.
- The famous shehnai player Bismillah Khan is also from Bihar and was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 2001.
- Bihar has 38 districts and the area here is 94,163 sq. km.
- The population here is about 10,38,04,637. In Bihar, there are about 5,41,85,347 males and about 4,96,19,290 females.
- The population density of Bihar is about 1,102 sq. km.
- The literacy of Bihar is 63.82% of which 73.3% are males and 53.33% are females.
- The sex ratio of Bihar is 916 females per 1000 males.
- In Bihar, Hindus are 83.2% and Muslims are 16.5%.
- The main languages here are Hindi, Urdu, Maithili, Bhojpuri, Magadhi, Angika, etc.
- It is the 12th largest state in the country in area and the third largest in population.
- Bihar has 243 assembly seats, 16 Rajya Sabha seats, and 40 Lok Sabha seats.
- Guru Chanakya, the guru of Chandra Gupta Maurya and the founder of the Maurya Empire, was also from the same land and was a very skilled strategist.
- The first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad was also born in Bihar.
- The main festival of Bihar is Sath which is being celebrated since ancient Vedic times, today this festival has become a symbol of the culture of Bihar.
- Major tourist places of Bihar are Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Mahabodhi Temple, Nalanda University, Vishnupad Temple, Bodhgaya temple, etc.
- Bihar is bordered by West Bengal in the east, Uttar Pradesh in the west, Jharkhand in the south, and Nepal in the north.
- In 2000, the state of Jharkhand was separated from
- The major festivals of Bihar are Chhath, Holi, Diwali, Dussehra, Mahashivratri, Nagpanchami, Sri Panchami, Muharram, Eid, and Christmas.
⟾ History of Bihar
⟾ First in Bihar
⟾ Rivers in Bihar
⟾ Major Tourist Places in Bihar
⟾ Famous People of Bihar
⟾ Folk songs of Bihar
⟾ Folk Dance of Bihar
⟾ Major Tribes of Bihar
⟾ Major Fairs of Bihar
⟾ Major Festivals of Bihar
⟾ Major means of irrigation in Bihar
⟾ Forest in Bihar
⟾ Wildlife Sanctuary in Bihar
⟾ Major Commissions in Bihar State
⟾ Major Waterfalls of Bihar
⟾ Major Lakes of Bihar