The most important works carried out by Valentín Paniagua:
1. Creation of the National Council for Citizen Participation ( CONPAC ) in 2001, a body for citizen participation that promotes dialogue between the State and citizens.
2. Launch of the Reconstruction Program for Areas Affected by El Niño ( PRAN ) in 2001 , which helped thousands of families displaced by the meteorological phenomenon.
3. Creation of the National System of Evaluation and Certification of Educational Quality ( SINACE ) in 2002 , which seeks to improve the quality of education in the country.
4. Promotion of the Teacher Reform Law in 2003 , which seeks to improve the quality of teacher training in Peru.
5. Approval of Law No. 29092 that regulates the use of land in 2004 , with the aim of improving the security of private property .
6. Promulgation of Law No. 29152 that creates the Ministry of Development and Social Inclusion in 2005 , with the objective of promoting the social and economic development of the vulnerable population.
7. Enactment of Law No. 30230 that creates the National Health System in 2006 , with the aim of guaranteeing the health of Peruvians.
8. Launch of the Comprehensive Social Development Program ( PRODESI ) in 2007 , which seeks to improve the quality of life of the vulnerable population.
9. Enactment of Law No. 30301 that regulates the use and exploitation of natural resources in 2008 , with the aim of promoting sustainable development.
10. Launch of the National Environmental Education Policy in 2010 , with the aim of promoting environmental awareness among the population.
Valentin Paniagua Corazao was a Peruvian lawyer, economist, and politician. He was interim president of Peru from November 23, 2000, to July 28, 2001. During his government, Paniagua implemented a series of economic and social reforms that contributed to improving the country's situation.
during his presidential mandate, he chose the respected former Secretary General of the UN, Javier Pérez de Cuéllar, as President of the Council of Ministers and in charge of the Foreign Relations portfolio. Other members of his cabinet were Javier Silva Ruete, Diego García Sayán, Emilio Navarro, Jaime Zavala Costa, Juan Inchaustegui, Marcial Rubio Correa, and Susana Villarán.
The main objective of his mandate was to call elections for the year 2001, elections that were not observed by any civil or political organization and that resulted in Alejandro Toledo Manrique of the Perú Posible Political Party as the winner. Also noteworthy is the new trial that initiated the terrorist leaders in civil jurisdiction, as ordered by the sentence issued on the subject by the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, as well as the creation of the Truth and National Reconciliation Commission, made up of prominent figures in order to elucidate the 20 years of political violence that preceded his term.